What is involved in continuous process improvement
Find out what the related areas are that continuous process improvement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a continuous process improvement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its continuous process improvement journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward continuous process improvement leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which continuous process improvement related domains to cover and 112 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
continuous process improvement, Continual improvement process, Benchmarking, Business process management, CIBIC Continuous Improvement, Continuous function, Eco-Management and Audit Scheme, Environmental management system, ISO/IEC 15504, ISO 14000, ISO 45001 draft, ISO 9000, Incrementalism, Institute of Quality Assurance, International Organization for Standardization, Kaizen, Linguistic corpus, Linguistic prescription, Masaaki Imai, Minimum viable product, Perpetual beta, Program management, Project management, Quality management, Quantum, Training Within Industry, W. Edwards Deming:
continuous process improvement Critical Criteria:
Coach on continuous process improvement engagements and intervene in continuous process improvement processes and leadership.
– Will continuous process improvement have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed continuous process improvement opportunities costing us money?
– How to deal with continuous process improvement Changes?
Continual improvement process Critical Criteria:
Read up on Continual improvement process planning and remodel and develop an effective Continual improvement process strategy.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a continuous process improvement project?
Benchmarking Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Benchmarking risks and integrate design thinking in Benchmarking innovation.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic continuous process improvement objectives?
– What are the barriers to increased continuous process improvement production?
– Is there any existing continuous process improvement governance structure?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Drive Business process management leadership and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do we Identify specific continuous process improvement investment and emerging trends?
– Are we Assessing continuous process improvement and Risk?
CIBIC Continuous Improvement Critical Criteria:
Distinguish CIBIC Continuous Improvement decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that continuous process improvement objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Think about the functions involved in your continuous process improvement project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is the purpose of continuous process improvement in relation to the mission?
Continuous function Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Continuous function engagements and get going.
– Which customers cant participate in our continuous process improvement domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are accountability and ownership for continuous process improvement clearly defined?
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Eco-Management and Audit Scheme leadership and maintain Eco-Management and Audit Scheme for success.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a continuous process improvement project?
– What is the source of the strategies for continuous process improvement strengthening and reform?
Environmental management system Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Environmental management system goals and don’t overlook the obvious.
– To what extent does management recognize continuous process improvement as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the long-term continuous process improvement goals?
ISO/IEC 15504 Critical Criteria:
Debate over ISO/IEC 15504 tasks and learn.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these continuous process improvement processes?
– What threat is continuous process improvement addressing?
– How do we keep improving continuous process improvement?
ISO 14000 Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on ISO 14000 tactics and get the big picture.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its continuous process improvement processes?
ISO 45001 draft Critical Criteria:
Reorganize ISO 45001 draft results and transcribe ISO 45001 draft as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of continuous process improvement product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does continuous process improvement create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the short and long-term continuous process improvement goals?
ISO 9000 Critical Criteria:
Nurse ISO 9000 results and acquire concise ISO 9000 education.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your continuous process improvement processes?
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– Do not ISO 9000 and CMM certifications loose their meaning when applied to the software industry?
Incrementalism Critical Criteria:
Confer over Incrementalism adoptions and integrate design thinking in Incrementalism innovation.
– When a continuous process improvement manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Supporting continuous process improvement documentation required?
Institute of Quality Assurance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Institute of Quality Assurance tasks and report on setting up Institute of Quality Assurance without losing ground.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of continuous process improvement into the services that we provide?
– How do we Improve continuous process improvement service perception, and satisfaction?
International Organization for Standardization Critical Criteria:
Explore International Organization for Standardization governance and prioritize challenges of International Organization for Standardization.
– Does continuous process improvement analysis show the relationships among important continuous process improvement factors?
– How can skill-level changes improve continuous process improvement?
Kaizen Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Kaizen issues and raise human resource and employment practices for Kaizen.
– What management system can we use to leverage the continuous process improvement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How likely is the current continuous process improvement plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Linguistic corpus Critical Criteria:
Discuss Linguistic corpus failures and look for lots of ideas.
– Is the continuous process improvement organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Does the continuous process improvement task fit the clients priorities?
– How much does continuous process improvement help?
Linguistic prescription Critical Criteria:
Rank Linguistic prescription outcomes and work towards be a leading Linguistic prescription expert.
– Consider your own continuous process improvement project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do mission and objectives affect the continuous process improvement processes of our organization?
Masaaki Imai Critical Criteria:
Gauge Masaaki Imai governance and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to continuous process improvement?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the continuous process improvement process?
– What are current continuous process improvement Paradigms?
Minimum viable product Critical Criteria:
Pilot Minimum viable product goals and test out new things.
– what is the best design framework for continuous process improvement organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What about continuous process improvement Analysis of results?
Perpetual beta Critical Criteria:
Understand Perpetual beta tactics and work towards be a leading Perpetual beta expert.
– Will continuous process improvement deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What is our formula for success in continuous process improvement ?
– How can you measure continuous process improvement in a systematic way?
Program management Critical Criteria:
Rank Program management visions and create a map for yourself.
– Rapidly increasing specialization of skill and knowledge presents a major management challenge. How does an organization maintain a work environment that supports specialization without compromising its ability to marshal its full range of Human Resources and turn on a dime to implement strategic imperatives?
– Would a committee or working party comprised of various stakeholders and members of the target group be useful?
– Are insurmountable gaps forming between the resources required to achieve the objectives and those available?
– What are the criteria for monitoring and assessing the ongoing effectiveness of the program?
– Can the findings or recommendations be used as a basis for training and skill development?
– What advice or comments could be made to people interested in a program like this?
– Has a system been set up to review progress of the program at regular intervals?
– Can you read a group of managers, and know what they are thinking and feeling?
– How much time and other resources will be required to market the program?
– How do you hold people accountable when you do not have position power?
– Are the evaluation findings being communicated to the target group?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– Are protocols required to implement any aspects of the program?
– What are the opportunity costs for conducting the program?
– Is a committee overseeing implementation of the program?
– Is the program running on, or close to, the time frame?
– What were the results or key outcomes of the program?
– How does our program compare to industry peers?
– Who will write the report(s)?
– Who will collect the data?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Project management visions and look for lots of ideas.
– First iteration. The plan for the team is then a list of prioritized features, and who is to perform the tasks of developing the features is decided on during the iteration. What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– What additional schedule (and cost) would be required if they continued at historical or any other lower burn rates?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– How do organizations adapt to a radically new framework such as agile?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– How can Trello be used as an Agile project management tool?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– Is the scope of continuous process improvement defined?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– What is agile project management?
– Velocity -how fast are we going?
– Agile Management an oxymoron?
– What is scrum?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Mix Quality management goals and sort Quality management activities.
– What are our best practices for minimizing continuous process improvement project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the continuous process improvement project lifecycle?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a continuous process improvement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Think of your continuous process improvement project. what are the main functions?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Quantum Critical Criteria:
Track Quantum visions and report on the economics of relationships managing Quantum and constraints.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this continuous process improvement process?
– Does our organization need more continuous process improvement education?
Training Within Industry Critical Criteria:
Infer Training Within Industry planning and test out new things.
– How can you negotiate continuous process improvement successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– What are the Key enablers to make this continuous process improvement move?
W. Edwards Deming Critical Criteria:
Focus on W. Edwards Deming planning and transcribe W. Edwards Deming as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for continuous process improvement strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How will you measure your continuous process improvement effectiveness?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the continuous process improvement Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
continuous process improvement External links:
Continuous process improvement (eBook, 2000) …
Continuous Process Improvement Page – nwlink.com
Benchmarking External links:
Benchmarking (Book, 1998) [WorldCat.org]
Business process management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Continuous function External links:
Continuous function – Encyclopedia of Mathematics
Continuous function – Calculus
Semicontinuous function – Encyclopedia of Mathematics
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme External links:
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme – EMAS – YouTube
Eco-Management and Audit Scheme – How is Eco …
EMAS certificate (Eco-management and audit scheme)
Environmental management system External links:
[PDF]ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Audit …
[PDF]Environmental Management System (EMS)
ISO/IEC 15504 External links:
ISO/IEC 15504-33000 is the international standard that defines the framework and requirements for process assessment and process improvement. Process maturity is measured by analyzing the way the process is performed and managed.
ISO/IEC 15504 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
ISO/IEC 15504-5:2012(en), Information technology ? …
ISO 14000 External links:
ISO 14000 Flashcards | Quizlet
List of Accredited Registrars, ISO 9000, ISO 14000, …
What is ISO 14000 and 14001? – Definition from WhatIs.com
ISO 45001 draft External links:
ISO 45001 Draft Approved – Whittington & Associates
ISO 9000 External links:
How to Become ISO 9000 Certified | Chron.com
What Is Non-Conformance for ISO 9000? | Chron.com
ISO 9000 – What Is ISO 9000? A Standards Series | ASQ
Incrementalism External links:
incrementalism | political science | Britannica.com
Incrementalism (Model) Flashcards | Quizlet
International Organization for Standardization External links:
MDMC – International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
ISO International Organization for Standardization
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Kaizen External links:
The Kaizen Way to Wellness | Dr. Tomas Hemgren
Kaizen Foam – FastCap – Woodworking Tools
Executive Search | Lean Recruiters – Home | Career Kaizen
Masaaki Imai External links:
Interview with Masaaki Imai
Masaaki Imai Definition of KAIZEN – YouTube
Minimum viable product External links:
How to define a Minimum Viable Product – freeCodeCamp
Perpetual beta External links:
Perpetual Beta – The VCFA MFA in Graphic Design Blog
Perpetual Beta – TV Tropes
Program management External links:
DoN Consolidated Card Program Management Division
tpmrisk.com – Total Program Management
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Membership | Project Management Institute
Quality management External links:
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Learn About Quality Management – Live and Online Training
http://Ad · bsi.learncentral.com/ISO 9001
Quality Management Software – Get Free Trial Access Today.
http://Ad · www.intelex.com/quality_mgmt/qa_software
Quantum External links:
About us | Quantum Title Corporation
Quantum Physics authors/titles recent submissions
Quantum of Solace (2008) – IMDb
Training Within Industry External links:
TWI Training Within Industry – training, tools, pocket cards
Training Within Industry | Manufacturing Extension …
W. Edwards Deming External links:
The W. Edwards Deming Institute
ASQ: About: W. Edwards Deming | ASQ
W. Edwards Deming Quotes – brainyquote.com