What is involved in Computer science
Find out what the related areas are that Computer science connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Computer science thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Computer science journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Computer science leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Computer science related domains to cover and 139 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Computer science, Compiler construction, Classical mechanics, Cognitive science, Error detection and correction, Application security, Computer scientist, Linear network coding, Automated planning and scheduling, Computing platform, Digital Bibliography & Library Project, Network protocol, Philosophy of artificial intelligence, Models of computation, Computer vision, Computer architecture, Classical physics, Combinatorial optimization, Enterprise architecture, General relativity, Aerospace engineering, Peri Tarr, Mathematical logic, Environmental chemistry, Molecular physics, Military engineering, Niklaus Wirth, Political science, Millennium Prize Problems, Citizen science, Computational social science, Communications of the ACM, Machine learning, Environmental social science, Enigma machine, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, Materials science, Bertrand Meyer, Fire protection engineering, Nuclear physics, Algorithmic trading, Pattern recognition, Image processing, Biomedical engineering, Basic research, Neolithic Revolution, Computer network, Condensed matter physics, Particle physics, Computer security, Incremental build model, Forensic science, Natural science:
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Probe Computer science tasks and catalog what business benefits will Computer science goals deliver if achieved.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Computer science. How do we gain traction?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Computer science?
– What are the short and long-term Computer science goals?
Compiler construction Critical Criteria:
Shape Compiler construction goals and achieve a single Compiler construction view and bringing data together.
– Do those selected for the Computer science team have a good general understanding of what Computer science is all about?
– How important is Computer science to the user organizations mission?
– What are our Computer science Processes?
Classical mechanics Critical Criteria:
Administer Classical mechanics tactics and find the essential reading for Classical mechanics researchers.
– In the case of a Computer science project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Computer science project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Computer science project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Computer science ?
– What will drive Computer science change?
Cognitive science Critical Criteria:
Recall Cognitive science engagements and find the essential reading for Cognitive science researchers.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Computer science objectives?
– What is the purpose of Computer science in relation to the mission?
– What is our Computer science Strategy?
Error detection and correction Critical Criteria:
Value Error detection and correction planning and pioneer acquisition of Error detection and correction systems.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Computer science does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Computer science project?
– How do we go about Securing Computer science?
Application security Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Application security governance and find the essential reading for Application security researchers.
– Does Computer science include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– When a Computer science manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
Computer scientist Critical Criteria:
Mine Computer scientist decisions and find answers.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Computer science processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Computer science experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are current Computer science Paradigms?
Linear network coding Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Linear network coding leadership and proactively manage Linear network coding risks.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Computer science goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How much does Computer science help?
Automated planning and scheduling Critical Criteria:
Adapt Automated planning and scheduling tasks and handle a jump-start course to Automated planning and scheduling.
– Among the Computer science product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Will Computer science deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Steer Computing platform issues and get out your magnifying glass.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Computer science that make it risky?
– How can you measure Computer science in a systematic way?
– Why should we adopt a Computer science framework?
Digital Bibliography & Library Project Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Digital Bibliography & Library Project leadership and perfect Digital Bibliography & Library Project conflict management.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Computer science?
– What is the source of the strategies for Computer science strengthening and reform?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Computer science effort?
Network protocol Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Network protocol decisions and prioritize challenges of Network protocol.
– What are all of our Computer science domains and what do they do?
– Are we Assessing Computer science and Risk?
Philosophy of artificial intelligence Critical Criteria:
Systematize Philosophy of artificial intelligence issues and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Philosophy of artificial intelligence.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Computer science into the services that we provide?
– Does Computer science analysis show the relationships among important Computer science factors?
– What are the usability implications of Computer science actions?
Models of computation Critical Criteria:
Generalize Models of computation projects and shift your focus.
– Can we add value to the current Computer science decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Computer science moving forward?
– What vendors make products that address the Computer science needs?
Computer vision Critical Criteria:
Start Computer vision adoptions and improve Computer vision service perception.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Computer science study?
Computer architecture Critical Criteria:
Investigate Computer architecture goals and drive action.
Classical physics Critical Criteria:
Consult on Classical physics strategies and define what do we need to start doing with Classical physics.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Computer science strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Think of your Computer science project. what are the main functions?
– Who sets the Computer science standards?
Combinatorial optimization Critical Criteria:
Define Combinatorial optimization tactics and gather Combinatorial optimization models .
– what is the best design framework for Computer science organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we measure improved Computer science service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the barriers to increased Computer science production?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Dissect Enterprise architecture tactics and drive action.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Computer science information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– How do we manage Computer science Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What threat is Computer science addressing?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
General relativity Critical Criteria:
Face General relativity governance and observe effective General relativity.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Computer science forward?
– To what extent does management recognize Computer science as a tool to increase the results?
– How can skill-level changes improve Computer science?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Aerospace engineering results and separate what are the business goals Aerospace engineering is aiming to achieve.
– Does Computer science create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Computer science agendas for the next 3 years?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Peri Tarr governance and raise human resource and employment practices for Peri Tarr.
– Consider your own Computer science project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Are there recognized Computer science problems?
Mathematical logic Critical Criteria:
Probe Mathematical logic projects and get the big picture.
– Do the Computer science decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Computer science activities?
Environmental chemistry Critical Criteria:
Boost Environmental chemistry governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Environmental chemistry.
– Does Computer science analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How can the value of Computer science be defined?
Molecular physics Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Molecular physics issues and oversee Molecular physics requirements.
– In a project to restructure Computer science outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Military engineering Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Military engineering results and assess and formulate effective operational and Military engineering strategies.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Computer science requirements in detail?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Computer science Management?
Niklaus Wirth Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Niklaus Wirth engagements and interpret which customers can’t participate in Niklaus Wirth because they lack skills.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Computer science project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Political science Critical Criteria:
Drive Political science tactics and cater for concise Political science education.
Millennium Prize Problems Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Millennium Prize Problems visions and get going.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Computer science in a volatile global economy?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Computer science process?
– What are specific Computer science Rules to follow?
Citizen science Critical Criteria:
Categorize Citizen science failures and look at the big picture.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Computer science strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Computer science process?
Computational social science Critical Criteria:
Test Computational social science results and forecast involvement of future Computational social science projects in development.
– Is there a Computer science Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Who will provide the final approval of Computer science deliverables?
Communications of the ACM Critical Criteria:
Rank Communications of the ACM issues and create Communications of the ACM explanations for all managers.
– How do we keep improving Computer science?
Machine learning Critical Criteria:
Canvass Machine learning visions and develop and take control of the Machine learning initiative.
– What are the long-term implications of other disruptive technologies (e.g., machine learning, robotics, data analytics) converging with blockchain development?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Computer science objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Environmental social science Critical Criteria:
Analyze Environmental social science risks and overcome Environmental social science skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Does Computer science systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Enigma machine Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Enigma machine results and look at the big picture.
– How do we know that any Computer science analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we maintain Computer sciences Integrity?
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Critical Criteria:
Understand Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz risks and proactively manage Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz risks.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Computer science processes?
– What are the disruptive Computer science technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Materials science Critical Criteria:
Confer over Materials science failures and drive action.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Computer science workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is there any existing Computer science governance structure?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Discuss Bertrand Meyer planning and overcome Bertrand Meyer skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Does the Computer science task fit the clients priorities?
Fire protection engineering Critical Criteria:
Canvass Fire protection engineering tasks and find the essential reading for Fire protection engineering researchers.
– What about Computer science Analysis of results?
Nuclear physics Critical Criteria:
Match Nuclear physics results and probe the present value of growth of Nuclear physics.
Algorithmic trading Critical Criteria:
Study Algorithmic trading goals and oversee implementation of Algorithmic trading.
– How likely is the current Computer science plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Is Supporting Computer science documentation required?
Pattern recognition Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Pattern recognition governance and ask what if.
– Which customers cant participate in our Computer science domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is our formula for success in Computer science ?
– Is a Computer science Team Work effort in place?
Image processing Critical Criteria:
Face Image processing planning and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Image processing projects.
– Why are Computer science skills important?
Biomedical engineering Critical Criteria:
Learn from Biomedical engineering planning and oversee Biomedical engineering management by competencies.
– Is maximizing Computer science protection the same as minimizing Computer science loss?
– What are internal and external Computer science relations?
Basic research Critical Criteria:
Investigate Basic research strategies and sort Basic research activities.
Neolithic Revolution Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Neolithic Revolution leadership and find out.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Computer science activities?
– Are accountability and ownership for Computer science clearly defined?
– What are the business goals Computer science is aiming to achieve?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Merge Computer network decisions and oversee Computer network requirements.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Computer science values?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Do Computer science rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Which Computer science goals are the most important?
Condensed matter physics Critical Criteria:
Think about Condensed matter physics visions and find answers.
Particle physics Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Particle physics engagements and drive action.
Computer security Critical Criteria:
Judge Computer security results and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Computer security projects.
– Does your company provide end-user training to all employees on Cybersecurity, either as part of general staff training or specifically on the topic of computer security and company policy?
– Will the selection of a particular product limit the future choices of other computer security or operational modifications and improvements?
– Think about the functions involved in your Computer science project. what processes flow from these functions?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Design Incremental build model strategies and give examples utilizing a core of simple Incremental build model skills.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Computer science process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Computer science process available?
Forensic science Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Forensic science risks and separate what are the business goals Forensic science is aiming to achieve.
Natural science Critical Criteria:
Coach on Natural science adoptions and figure out ways to motivate other Natural science users.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Computer science Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Computer science External links:
k12cs.org – K–12 Computer Science Framework
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
Compiler construction External links:
CSC 4351: Compiler Construction
CS606 Compiler Construction – YouTube
[PDF]Compiler Construction – Adelphi University
Classical mechanics External links:
[physics/9909035] Classical Mechanics – arXiv
Classical Mechanics | Mechanics | Quantum Mechanics
Classical Mechanics – AbeBooks
Cognitive science External links:
Department of Linguistics and Cognitive Science
Michigan State University Cognitive Science Program
Error detection and correction External links:
Lecture – 15 Error Detection and Correction – YouTube
Application security External links:
Program Rules – Application Security – Google
What is application security? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Application Security News, Tutorials & Tools – DZone
Computer scientist External links:
What are some common Computer Scientist job titles?
What is a Computer Scientist? – Kansas State University
Linear network coding External links:
Linear Network Coding Multicast: A Theoretical Minimum …
[PDF]Random Linear Network Coding: A free cipher? – mit.edu
Automated planning and scheduling External links:
[PDF]ASPEN – Automated Planning and Scheduling for …
[PDF]Automated Planning and Scheduling for Planetary …
Computing platform External links:
Nutanix Xtreme Computing Platform NX-8235-G5 – CDW.com
http://www.cdw.com › … › Storage Networking/SAN Software
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Network protocol External links:
Choosing Network protocol TCP or UDP for remote …
What is Network Protocol? – The Customize Windows
Home – DNP.org – Distributed Network Protocol
Philosophy of artificial intelligence External links:
CS22: The History and Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence
Models of computation External links:
Models of Computation – Google Sites
15-1 | Models Of Computation | Applied Mathematics
2. Models of Computation, Document Distance – YouTube
Computer vision External links:
Sighthound – Industry Leading Computer Vision
Photogrammetric Computer Vision
Focal Systems – Deep Learning and Computer Vision …
Computer architecture External links:
CS 311 – Computer Architecture Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer Architecture Flashcards | Quizlet
CSCE 350: Computer Architecture and Design
Classical physics External links:
Classical physics of matter (Book, 2000) [WorldCat.org]
Classical Physics authors/titles Mar 2015 (20 skipped)
Classical Physics authors/titles Dec 2013 – arXiv
Combinatorial optimization External links:
[PDF]Combinatorial Optimization: Exact and …
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – CDT Services
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
General relativity External links:
SparkNotes: Albert Einstein: General Relativity
Aerospace engineering External links:
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering – Michigan Engineering
Mathematical logic External links:
Mathematical logic. (Book, 1967) [WorldCat.org]
MAthematical Logic Essays – ManyEssays.com
Mathematical Logic – AbeBooks
Environmental chemistry External links:
Environmental Chemistry | Department of Chemistry
[PDF]Environmental Chemistry Laboratory 2017 Seminar …
Environmental Chemistry Lab
Molecular physics External links:
Ultracold atomic and molecular physics – University of …
Molecular Physics Journal Impact IF 2017|2016|2015 – …
Molecular physics (eBook, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Military engineering External links:
sapper | military engineering | Britannica.com
Military engineering companies | DCS Corp
What is military engineering? | Military
Niklaus Wirth External links:
Niklaus Wirth Quotes – BrainyQuote
Political science External links:
Political Science – University of Alabama
Department of Political Science
Department of Political Science
Millennium Prize Problems External links:
Millennium Prize Problems – Miami Dade College
http://faculty.mdc.edu/mshakil/Millennium Prize Problems.htm
P vs NP Millennium Prize Problems – Business Insider
Millennium Prize Problems – Revolvy
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Millennium Prize Problems
Citizen science External links:
Federal Crowdsourcing and Citizen Science Toolkit
Computational social science External links:
Computational social science : discovery and prediction …
Computational Social Science (Book, 2010) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Computational Social Science – Department of …
Communications of the ACM External links:
Communications of the ACM – November 2017
Communications of the ACM – Official Site
[PDF]COMMUNICATIONS OF THE ACM
Machine learning External links:
Google Cloud Machine Learning at Scale | Google Cloud …
DataRobot – Automated Machine Learning for Predictive …
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
Environmental social science External links:
Geospatial Environmental Social Science @ NCSU – …
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz External links:
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz (1646 – 1716) – mnsu.edu
Materials science External links:
Materials Science and Engineering
Materials Science and NanoEngineering
Home | Institute of Materials Science
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer – Official Site
Bertrand Meyer-Stabley | Facebook
Fire protection engineering External links:
Canada Fire Protection Engineering Services – JENSEN HUGHES
Fire Protection Engineering Magazine – SFPE
Job Listings | Fire Protection Engineering
Nuclear physics External links:
Dolores Gende: PhysicsQuest: ATOMIC AND NUCLEAR PHYSICS
Nuclear Physics Flashcards | Quizlet
Nuclear Physics: Crash Course Physics #45 – YouTube
Algorithmic trading External links:
Intelligent Algorithmic Trading Systems – Turing Finance
Algorithmic Trading – Investopedia
Electronic and Algorithmic Trading Technology – …
Pattern recognition External links:
Tradable Patterns – Trade Better with Pattern Recognition
Pattern recognition (Computer file, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Pattern recognition – Encyclopedia of Mathematics
Image processing External links:
Image Processing – OpenProcessing
Digital image processing (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
DotNet – Image Processing Project Titles|Dotnet-ieee …
Biomedical engineering External links:
Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering …
Welcome to Duke BME | Duke Biomedical Engineering
Biomedical Engineering | College of Engineering
Basic research External links:
Civil War Records: Basic Research Sources | National Archives
Analyzing, Interpreting and Reporting Basic Research …
Funding Opportunities | AFRL – Basic Research
Neolithic Revolution External links:
Neolithic Revolution | anthropology | Britannica.com
Neolithic Revolution – World history
Neolithic Revolution Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer network External links:
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Condensed matter physics External links:
Assistant Professor in Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
Condensed Matter Physics — Penn State Department of …
Computational Condensed Matter Physics (CCMP) Group
Particle physics External links:
Particle physics (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
Evolution of Particle Physics – ScienceDirect
[0810.3328] A Simple Introduction to Particle Physics – arXiv
Computer security External links:
Naked Security – Computer Security News, Advice and …
[PDF]Computer Security Incident Handling Guide
Computer Security | Consumer Information
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
Incremental build model – WOW.com
Incremental build model – YouTube
Forensic science External links:
What is Forensic Science (Staffordshire University)
Forensic Science Online Programs | University of Florida
Natural science External links:
Sierra Natural Science – Extraordinary Results…Naturally!
Home – College of Natural Science