What is involved in Project Governance
Find out what the related areas are that Project Governance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Project Governance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Project Governance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Project Governance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Project Governance related domains to cover and 174 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Project Governance, Business case, Chief governance officer, Climate governance, Clinical governance, Collaborative governance, Corporate governance, Cost overrun, Cultural governance, Data governance, Earth system governance, Ecclesiastical polity, Environmental, social and corporate governance, Environmental governance, Executive sponsor, Global governance, Good governance, Governance, risk management, and compliance, Governance in higher education, Information governance, Local governance, Market governance mechanism, Moral responsibility, Multistakeholder governance model, Network governance, Ocean governance, Open-source governance, Political party governance, Private governance, Project Manager, Project plan, Project stakeholder, Project stakeholders, Project team, Quality engineering, Requirements engineering, SOA governance, Security sector governance and reform, Simulation governance, Soil governance, Stakeholder management, Steering Committee, Sustainable Governance Indicators, Technology governance, Transnational governance, Website governance, World Governance Index:
Project Governance Critical Criteria:
Value Project Governance governance and balance specific methods for improving Project Governance results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Project Governance?
– Do the Project Governance decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Project Governance ?
Business case Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Business case governance and be persistent.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Project Governance process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Project Governance project manager?
– Who is driving and leading the business case development for your organization?
– Is there a business case where additional cyber security risks are involved?
– What is the security -life cycle identity management business case?
– Have sensitivity of the business case been calculated?
– How would one define Project Governance leadership?
– Right business case?
Chief governance officer Critical Criteria:
Coach on Chief governance officer tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Chief governance officer.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Project Governance? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Project Governance moving forward?
– How can the value of Project Governance be defined?
Climate governance Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Climate governance visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the key elements of your Project Governance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Project Governance processes of our organization?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Project Governance objectives?
Clinical governance Critical Criteria:
Audit Clinical governance goals and gather practices for scaling Clinical governance.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Project Governance leader?
– What is Effective Project Governance?
Collaborative governance Critical Criteria:
Map Collaborative governance visions and forecast involvement of future Collaborative governance projects in development.
– How can skill-level changes improve Project Governance?
– Are there recognized Project Governance problems?
Corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Corporate governance quality and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Corporate governance.
– For your Project Governance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Think of your Project Governance project. what are the main functions?
– How will you measure your Project Governance effectiveness?
Cost overrun Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Cost overrun management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Cost overrun services.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Project Governance process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Project Governance process available?
– What are the disruptive Project Governance technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Cultural governance Critical Criteria:
Systematize Cultural governance decisions and correct Cultural governance management by competencies.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Project Governance been identified and analyzed?
– Are accountability and ownership for Project Governance clearly defined?
Data governance Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Data governance leadership and develop and take control of the Data governance initiative.
– Does the organization regularly review and revise its data content management policies to assure that only those data necessary for meeting the needs described above are collected and/or maintained?
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– Who will be responsible, accountable, consulted and/or informed for decisions regarding these key enterprise data processes?
– In relation to information governance, what are the key challenges or changes facing your organization?
– Does the search engine integrate with the taxonomy to improve searches and organize results?
– Does the expected cost/benefit of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– How do most enterprises manage hierarchical master data today?
– Are multiple sections responsible for the requested data?
– Can this be shared in or outside of our organization?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– What are the long-term Project Governance goals?
– What do you want data governance to accomplish?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
– How to govern its use and maintenance?
– Why create a data governance system?
– What level of data will users get?
– What is hierarchical master data?
– Why is data governance important?
– Security. should it be encrypted?
– How do we put them to use?
Earth system governance Critical Criteria:
Nurse Earth system governance results and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Earth system governance.
– Do we monitor the Project Governance decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Project Governance?
– What is our formula for success in Project Governance ?
Ecclesiastical polity Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Ecclesiastical polity visions and do something to it.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Project Governance workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What is the source of the strategies for Project Governance strengthening and reform?
– How do we go about Securing Project Governance?
Environmental, social and corporate governance Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Environmental, social and corporate governance goals and finalize the present value of growth of Environmental, social and corporate governance.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Project Governance?
– Who sets the Project Governance standards?
Environmental governance Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Environmental governance engagements and plan concise Environmental governance education.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Project Governance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the usability implications of Project Governance actions?
– How can we improve Project Governance?
Executive sponsor Critical Criteria:
Discuss Executive sponsor management and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Executive sponsor.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Project Governance strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we go about Comparing Project Governance approaches/solutions?
– Does Project Governance appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Global governance Critical Criteria:
Model after Global governance outcomes and research ways can we become the Global governance company that would put us out of business.
– Why should we adopt a Project Governance framework?
– What threat is Project Governance addressing?
– Are there Project Governance Models?
Good governance Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Good governance leadership and work towards be a leading Good governance expert.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Project Governance activities?
– Do we all define Project Governance in the same way?
– What are current Project Governance Paradigms?
Governance, risk management, and compliance Critical Criteria:
Check Governance, risk management, and compliance management and point out Governance, risk management, and compliance tensions in leadership.
– Can we add value to the current Project Governance decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Why are Project Governance skills important?
– How much does Project Governance help?
Governance in higher education Critical Criteria:
Use past Governance in higher education risks and devise Governance in higher education key steps.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Project Governance in a volatile global economy?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Project Governance project?
– Is Project Governance dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Information governance Critical Criteria:
Consider Information governance leadership and point out Information governance tensions in leadership.
– How does your organization assess staff training needs and ensure job/role specific information governance training is provided to all staff?
– How is the chief executive or equivalent management board consulted and/or informed of information governance issues?
– What governance arrangements do you have in place to support the current and evolving information governance agenda?
– What is the organizations most effective method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– What is the organizations preferred method of training for information governance knowledge and skills?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Project Governance activities?
– Does our organization need more Project Governance education?
– Is a Project Governance Team Work effort in place?
Local governance Critical Criteria:
Canvass Local governance goals and prioritize challenges of Local governance.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Project Governance. How do we gain traction?
– When a Project Governance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Market governance mechanism Critical Criteria:
Confer re Market governance mechanism quality and define what do we need to start doing with Market governance mechanism.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Project Governance project?
Moral responsibility Critical Criteria:
Guard Moral responsibility leadership and ask what if.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Project Governance requirements in detail?
Multistakeholder governance model Critical Criteria:
Debate over Multistakeholder governance model results and stake your claim.
– How is the value delivered by Project Governance being measured?
– How do we Lead with Project Governance in Mind?
Network governance Critical Criteria:
Systematize Network governance projects and document what potential Network governance megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does Project Governance analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Ocean governance Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Ocean governance outcomes and point out Ocean governance tensions in leadership.
– what is the best design framework for Project Governance organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Project Governance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Open-source governance Critical Criteria:
Map Open-source governance tactics and intervene in Open-source governance processes and leadership.
– What is our Project Governance Strategy?
Political party governance Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Political party governance governance and catalog what business benefits will Political party governance goals deliver if achieved.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Project Governance, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Project Governance leaders?
Private governance Critical Criteria:
Debate over Private governance goals and research ways can we become the Private governance company that would put us out of business.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Project Governance agendas for the next 3 years?
Project Manager Critical Criteria:
Judge Project Manager strategies and point out Project Manager tensions in leadership.
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Project Governance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What are the actions taken by project managers when leading and implementing a transformational change initiative?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What should the project manager(s) do differently next time your organization undergoes a change process?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– What are the most important skills practitioners consider make an effective people project manager?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Can project managers measure project status at any point in time?
– What is the necessity of a Project Manager?
– What is the duty of a Project Manager?
– What was the project manager best at?
– Who are the project managers?
Project plan Critical Criteria:
Merge Project plan engagements and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Project plan decisions.
– Which customers cant participate in our Project Governance domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Project Governance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Does Project Governance systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
Project stakeholder Critical Criteria:
Confer re Project stakeholder engagements and grade techniques for implementing Project stakeholder controls.
– Does Project Governance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Project stakeholders issues and look at the big picture.
– Think about the functions involved in your Project Governance project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Project Governance project?
Project team Critical Criteria:
Infer Project team tasks and tour deciding if Project team progress is made.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Project Governance that make it risky?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– What are specific Project Governance Rules to follow?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Quality engineering Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Quality engineering risks and finalize specific methods for Quality engineering acceptance.
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Analyze Requirements engineering engagements and get the big picture.
– Does Project Governance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Project Governance?
SOA governance Critical Criteria:
Revitalize SOA governance quality and assess what counts with SOA governance that we are not counting.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Project Governance with what users do day-to-day?
– Have you identified your Project Governance key performance indicators?
– What about Project Governance Analysis of results?
Security sector governance and reform Critical Criteria:
Focus on Security sector governance and reform governance and test out new things.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Project Governance values?
– How do we manage Project Governance Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is Project Governance Required?
Simulation governance Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Simulation governance goals and balance specific methods for improving Simulation governance results.
– Think about the people you identified for your Project Governance project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Project Governance delivery for example is new software needed?
Soil governance Critical Criteria:
Design Soil governance adoptions and forecast involvement of future Soil governance projects in development.
Stakeholder management Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Stakeholder management tasks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Stakeholder management.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– Do those selected for the Project Governance team have a good general understanding of what Project Governance is all about?
– How can you negotiate Project Governance successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Steering Committee Critical Criteria:
Coach on Steering Committee adoptions and devote time assessing Steering Committee and its risk.
– What are the steering committee s roles?
Sustainable Governance Indicators Critical Criteria:
Analyze Sustainable Governance Indicators visions and work towards be a leading Sustainable Governance Indicators expert.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Project Governance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Project Governance is underway?
Technology governance Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Technology governance governance and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Technology governance.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Project Governance move?
Transnational governance Critical Criteria:
Administer Transnational governance tactics and interpret which customers can’t participate in Transnational governance because they lack skills.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Project Governance effort?
Website governance Critical Criteria:
Talk about Website governance planning and correct better engagement with Website governance results.
– Why is Project Governance important for you now?
World Governance Index Critical Criteria:
Differentiate World Governance Index goals and shift your focus.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Project Governance processes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Project Governance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Project Governance External links:
400: IT PROJECT GOVERNANCE – OIT
Business case External links:
What is business case? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Creating a Powerful Business Case for HR Technology
Chief governance officer External links:
Chief Governance Officer Certificate | CCL Academy
A Chief Governance Officer Could Give You an Advantage
Chief Governance Officer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Climate governance External links:
It’s time for new climate governance – from below
Experiments in climate governance – A systematic review …
Clinical governance External links:
[PPT]Clinical Governance – University of Pittsburgh
Clinical Governance Essays – ManyEssays.com
Clinical Governance – QCS
Collaborative governance External links:
Welcome to Collaborative Governance
“Collaborative Governance and Anticorruption in …
Corporate governance External links:
Regions Financial Corporation – Corporate Governance
[PDF]CORPORATE GOVERNANCE ANNUAL …
Corporate Governance | Prudential Financial
Cost overrun External links:
Predicting cost overrun of railroad bridge construction
Cost Overrun Essays – ManyEssays.com
Cultural governance External links:
The Audit Committee and Cultural Governance – WSJ
What do we mean by Cultural Governance? – YouTube
Cultural Governance in Contemporary China: “Re …
Data governance External links:
Data Governance – Do Job Titles Matter? – DATAVERSITY
Data Governance Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
7 Best Practices for Data Governance in Healthcare
Earth system governance External links:
What is EARTH SYSTEM GOVERNANCE? What does …
Earth System Governance Project – Home | Facebook
Earth system governance. Ruling climate across society
Ecclesiastical polity External links:
Ecclesiastical Polity Archives – The Calvinist International
Ecclesiastical polity – YouTube
Environmental, social and corporate governance External links:
Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance …
Environmental governance External links:
Home | Environmental Governance Consulting
Environmental governance | UN Environment
Environmental Governance Working Group – Political …
Executive sponsor External links:
How to Be an Effective Executive Sponsor
[PDF]Executive Sponsor Form – BC Patient Safety & Quality …
What is Executive Sponsor | IGI Global
Global governance External links:
Global Governance, Risk & Compliance | Exiger
[PDF]The Multinational Corporation and Global Governance
Good governance External links:
[PDF]What is Good Governance? – United Nations ESCAP
[PDF]Guide to principles of good governance
Promoting good governance – Walmart Corporate
Governance, risk management, and compliance External links:
Career Path – Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance …
Governance in higher education External links:
[PDF]Shared Governance in Higher Education
Information governance External links:
Office of Information Governance and Privacy | ICE
Local governance External links:
DeLoG – Decentralisation & Local Governance
Local Governance Review – news.gov.scot
[PDF]LOCAL GOVERNANCE ACT – navajochapters.org
Moral responsibility External links:
Computing and Moral Responsibility (Stanford …
Multistakeholder governance model External links:
Multistakeholder governance model – WOW.com
Network governance External links:
POD Network Governance – POD Network: Professional …
Network governance: PwC
UTSCAP Network Governance – UTSW Medicine
Ocean governance External links:
Ocean Governance | U.S. Department of the Interior
Ocean Governance for Sustainability – Challenges, …
Political party governance External links:
On political party governance – The Nation Online
Private governance External links:
Public & Private Governance Flashcards | Quizlet
Project Manager External links:
Project Manager Resume Sample & Writing Guide | RG
What is a Project Manager? – CEG
Most Frequently Asked Project Manager Interview Questions
Project plan External links:
Top Project Plan Templates for Excel | Smartsheet
Peg Game Project Plan | Last Man Standing – Woodworking
Office Timeline: Project Plan – Free Timeline Templates
Project stakeholder External links:
Project Stakeholder Management – YouTube
Project stakeholders External links:
Project Stakeholders – Managing projects
Project team External links:
How to Pick Project Team Members | Chron.com
Project Team Roles and Responsibilities | Usability.gov
GitHub pricing: plans for every project team
Requirements engineering External links:
[PDF]BCS Requirements Engineering – qafileshare.com
Requirements Engineering – Springer
Requirements Engineering for Survivable Systems. …
SOA governance External links:
SOA Governance Standards | OCIO
Security sector governance and reform External links:
Security Sector Governance and Reform: Guidelines for …
[PDF]Security Sector Governance and Reform – ETH Z
On Security Sector Governance and Reform | USOSCE
Simulation governance External links:
[PDF]Simulation governance: New technical …
Simulation Governance | Industries | UL
Simulation Governance Althea de Souza – ESRD
Soil governance External links:
Audit of Soil Governance | SpringerLink
Stakeholder management External links:
Stakeholder Management Plan in Project Management
Stakeholder Management: PMP Questions to Study
What You Must Know About Stakeholder Management – CEG
Steering Committee External links:
What is steering committee? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Sustainable Governance Indicators External links:
SGI – Sustainable Governance Indicators: Studies
Technology governance External links:
Article – Technology Governance
ITGC Structure – Information Technology Governance …
Website governance External links:
Website Governance Document | Demand Metric
About | Website Governance
Website Governance | Smith College
World Governance Index External links:
World Governance Index and Pakistan’s Trade Deficit – …
[PDF]WGI World Governance Index
WGI abbreviation stands for World Governance Index