What is involved in Windows 10
Find out what the related areas are that Windows 10 connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Windows 10 thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Windows 10 journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Windows 10 leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Windows 10 related domains to cover and 142 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Windows 10, Office Mobile, Get Help, Release to manufacturing, Data cap, Perceptive Pixel, Service Control Manager, Hybrid kernel, Microsoft Wallet, User Interface Privilege Isolation, Component Object Model, System Restore, Program Manager, Microsoft Spider Solitaire, App Installer, Outlook Express, Timeline of Microsoft Windows, Disk Cleanup, File Allocation Table, Hard link, Desktop computer, Media Control Interface, Metro-style app, Intel RealSense, Physical Address Extension, Feedback Hub, Extended Validation Certificate, Phone Companion, Face recognition, Volume licensing, Small claims court, Microsoft Personal Web Server, Character Map, Instruction set, Microsoft Software Assurance, Virtual DOS machine, Internet Information Services, Driver software, Architecture of Windows NT, MSN Dial-up, Software licensing, Multimedia Class Scheduler Service, Transactional NTFS, Microsoft Family Safety, User experience design, Microsoft Docs, Paint 3D, Software release life cycle, Cloud computing, HP Inc.:
Windows 10 Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Windows 10 management and drive action.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Windows 10 objectives?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Windows 10?
Office Mobile Critical Criteria:
Rank Office Mobile risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Office Mobile.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Windows 10 that make it risky?
– Have all basic functions of Windows 10 been defined?
– Are there Windows 10 problems defined?
Get Help Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Get Help projects and integrate design thinking in Get Help innovation.
– Do we monitor the Windows 10 decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How to deal with Windows 10 Changes?
Release to manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Participate in Release to manufacturing adoptions and tour deciding if Release to manufacturing progress is made.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Windows 10 does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– To what extent does management recognize Windows 10 as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we maintain Windows 10s Integrity?
Data cap Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Data cap quality and pioneer acquisition of Data cap systems.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Windows 10 in a volatile global economy?
– What needs to be in the plan related to the data capture for the various data sets?
– What is done with the data captured during an emergency?
– What business benefits will Windows 10 goals deliver if achieved?
– Who will provide the final approval of Windows 10 deliverables?
– How is data captured during the emergency?
Perceptive Pixel Critical Criteria:
Test Perceptive Pixel results and work towards be a leading Perceptive Pixel expert.
– For your Windows 10 project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What are the business goals Windows 10 is aiming to achieve?
Service Control Manager Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Service Control Manager results and finalize the present value of growth of Service Control Manager.
– When a Windows 10 manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Windows 10 study?
– Are there recognized Windows 10 problems?
Hybrid kernel Critical Criteria:
Start Hybrid kernel strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Hybrid kernel because they lack skills.
– How do we go about Comparing Windows 10 approaches/solutions?
– Is a Windows 10 Team Work effort in place?
– What is our Windows 10 Strategy?
Microsoft Wallet Critical Criteria:
Gauge Microsoft Wallet failures and find answers.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Windows 10 models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What vendors make products that address the Windows 10 needs?
User Interface Privilege Isolation Critical Criteria:
Systematize User Interface Privilege Isolation visions and balance specific methods for improving User Interface Privilege Isolation results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Windows 10. How do we gain traction?
– Is maximizing Windows 10 protection the same as minimizing Windows 10 loss?
Component Object Model Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Component Object Model governance and find answers.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Windows 10 objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Does Windows 10 analysis show the relationships among important Windows 10 factors?
– How do we manage Windows 10 Knowledge Management (KM)?
System Restore Critical Criteria:
Wrangle System Restore goals and oversee implementation of System Restore.
– Will Windows 10 have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Windows 10 products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
Program Manager Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Program Manager issues and finalize specific methods for Program Manager acceptance.
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Have data stewards (e.g.,program managers) responsible for coordinating data governance activities been identified and assigned to each specific domain of activity?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Windows 10 into the services that we provide?
– How likely is the current Windows 10 plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Microsoft Spider Solitaire Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Microsoft Spider Solitaire engagements and don’t overlook the obvious.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Windows 10 agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Windows 10 Management?
App Installer Critical Criteria:
Systematize App Installer tasks and look at the big picture.
– Among the Windows 10 product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Are assumptions made in Windows 10 stated explicitly?
Outlook Express Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Outlook Express outcomes and stake your claim.
– How can skill-level changes improve Windows 10?
Timeline of Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Timeline of Microsoft Windows management and spearhead techniques for implementing Timeline of Microsoft Windows.
– How can you negotiate Windows 10 successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Disk Cleanup Critical Criteria:
Steer Disk Cleanup strategies and find the essential reading for Disk Cleanup researchers.
– Do we have past Windows 10 Successes?
File Allocation Table Critical Criteria:
Group File Allocation Table governance and describe the risks of File Allocation Table sustainability.
– How can you measure Windows 10 in a systematic way?
– What are the long-term Windows 10 goals?
Hard link Critical Criteria:
Trace Hard link leadership and document what potential Hard link megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Windows 10 effort?
– How would one define Windows 10 leadership?
Desktop computer Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Desktop computer decisions and summarize a clear Desktop computer focus.
– Is Windows 10 Required?
Media Control Interface Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Media Control Interface planning and catalog Media Control Interface activities.
– What are the key elements of your Windows 10 performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there any existing Windows 10 governance structure?
– What are internal and external Windows 10 relations?
Metro-style app Critical Criteria:
Use past Metro-style app tactics and pioneer acquisition of Metro-style app systems.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Windows 10 process?
– In a project to restructure Windows 10 outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Intel RealSense Critical Criteria:
Unify Intel RealSense risks and display thorough understanding of the Intel RealSense process.
– Think about the functions involved in your Windows 10 project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Does Windows 10 create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How do we Improve Windows 10 service perception, and satisfaction?
Physical Address Extension Critical Criteria:
Think about Physical Address Extension management and balance specific methods for improving Physical Address Extension results.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Windows 10? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Do the Windows 10 decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Feedback Hub Critical Criteria:
Unify Feedback Hub failures and catalog what business benefits will Feedback Hub goals deliver if achieved.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Windows 10?
– What are the usability implications of Windows 10 actions?
Extended Validation Certificate Critical Criteria:
Confer re Extended Validation Certificate adoptions and correct Extended Validation Certificate management by competencies.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Windows 10 project?
– What are all of our Windows 10 domains and what do they do?
Phone Companion Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Phone Companion quality and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Phone Companion projects.
– Can we add value to the current Windows 10 decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do we measure improved Windows 10 service perception, and satisfaction?
Face recognition Critical Criteria:
Participate in Face recognition outcomes and optimize Face recognition leadership as a key to advancement.
– In what ways are Windows 10 vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Volume licensing Critical Criteria:
Meet over Volume licensing leadership and probe Volume licensing strategic alliances.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Windows 10?
– What is Effective Windows 10?
Small claims court Critical Criteria:
Jump start Small claims court visions and develop and take control of the Small claims court initiative.
Microsoft Personal Web Server Critical Criteria:
Detail Microsoft Personal Web Server strategies and catalog Microsoft Personal Web Server activities.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Windows 10 is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Windows 10 moving forward?
Character Map Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Character Map failures and revise understanding of Character Map architectures.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Windows 10 workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Is Supporting Windows 10 documentation required?
Instruction set Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Instruction set management and summarize a clear Instruction set focus.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Windows 10 processes of our organization?
– How can the value of Windows 10 be defined?
Microsoft Software Assurance Critical Criteria:
Infer Microsoft Software Assurance failures and be persistent.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Windows 10 opportunities costing us money?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Windows 10 activities?
– Who needs to know about Windows 10 ?
Virtual DOS machine Critical Criteria:
Reason over Virtual DOS machine leadership and devise Virtual DOS machine key steps.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Windows 10 process?
– How is the value delivered by Windows 10 being measured?
Internet Information Services Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Internet Information Services outcomes and get going.
Driver software Critical Criteria:
Derive from Driver software strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Windows 10 processes?
– How much does Windows 10 help?
– How can we improve Windows 10?
Architecture of Windows NT Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Architecture of Windows NT projects and perfect Architecture of Windows NT conflict management.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Windows 10 is underway?
MSN Dial-up Critical Criteria:
Scan MSN Dial-up goals and plan concise MSN Dial-up education.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Windows 10 product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Consider your own Windows 10 project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Software licensing Critical Criteria:
Coach on Software licensing governance and assess and formulate effective operational and Software licensing strategies.
– Which Windows 10 goals are the most important?
Multimedia Class Scheduler Service Critical Criteria:
Mix Multimedia Class Scheduler Service failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Windows 10 strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are our needs in relation to Windows 10 skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Transactional NTFS Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Transactional NTFS tactics and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Transactional NTFS decisions.
Microsoft Family Safety Critical Criteria:
Explore Microsoft Family Safety projects and document what potential Microsoft Family Safety megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
User experience design Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about User experience design management and oversee User experience design management by competencies.
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Windows 10 leaders?
– Is Windows 10 Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Microsoft Docs Critical Criteria:
Use past Microsoft Docs issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Microsoft Docs.
Paint 3D Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Paint 3D tasks and reduce Paint 3D costs.
– What threat is Windows 10 addressing?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Software release life cycle issues and slay a dragon.
– What are the barriers to increased Windows 10 production?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Confer over Cloud computing tasks and probe Cloud computing strategic alliances.
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What does it take to become a cloud computing provider, and why would a company consider becoming one?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– What are the pros cons of various oss for cloud computing?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Will cloud computing always lower costs?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
– what is the future of private cloud?
– What is grid computing?
HP Inc. Critical Criteria:
Audit HP Inc. failures and perfect HP Inc. conflict management.
– Are we Assessing Windows 10 and Risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Windows 10 Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Windows 10 External links:
Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ – Windows Help
MilitaryCAC’s Use your CAC on Windows 10
How to find auto startup folder in Windows 10 (Where is it)?
Get Help External links:
Get help with Windows activation errors – Windows Help
Get help with iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support
SNAP Food Benefits | How to Get Help
Data cap External links:
Comcast increases its data cap to 1,000 GB – Apr. 28, 2016
TMobile One – data cap for throttling | T-Mobile Support
What is data cap (broadband cap)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Perceptive Pixel External links:
Support for Perceptive Pixel by Microsoft devices
Perceptive pixel – YouTube
Support for Perceptive Pixel by Microsoft devices
Service Control Manager External links:
Service Control Manager Jobs – October 2017 | Indeed.co.uk
Event ID 7026 — Basic Service Control Manager Operations
Service Control Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Hybrid kernel External links:
Kernel Settings > Hybrid Kernel – Cloud Linux Inc.
What is Hybrid Kernel? – Definition from Techopedia
Microsoft Wallet External links:
Microsoft Wallet – Bank of America
Microsoft Wallet | TD Bank
Get Microsoft Wallet – Microsoft Store
User Interface Privilege Isolation External links:
UIPI means User Interface Privilege Isolation – All Acronyms
User Interface Privilege Isolation – iSnare Free Encyclopedia
Component Object Model External links:
COM: Component Object Model Technologies
COM (Component Object Model) – Gartner IT Glossary
System Restore External links:
Create a system restore point – support.microsoft.com
How System Restore & Factory Reset Work in Windows 10
Why and How to Enable System Restore in Windows 10
Program Manager External links:
Program Manager Job Description – Job Descriptions
Title Program Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Program Manager, Positioning, Navigation, and Timing …
Microsoft Spider Solitaire External links:
Solved: Microsoft Spider Solitaire Won’t Start. – YouTube
Microsoft Spider Solitaire Collection – Free downloads …
32 Games Like Microsoft Spider Solitaire in 2017 – Games …
App Installer External links:
App Installer download | SourceForge.net
http://sourceforge.net › … › Installation/Setup › Unattended
Lollipop App Installer – Android Apps on Google Play
App Installer! – Universal Windows App Deployment
Outlook Express External links:
Hyperlinks do not work in Outlook Express or in Word
Outlook Express and Outlook repeatedly prompt you for …
Windows Mail (formerly Outlook Express) (Windows)
Timeline of Microsoft Windows External links:
Timeline of Microsoft Windows – WOW.com
Disk Cleanup External links:
Microsoft Windows XP – Using Disk Cleanup
How to Use the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows: 7 Steps
Disk cleanup in Windows 10 – support.microsoft.com
File Allocation Table External links:
[PDF]index.php?title=File Allocation Table – Dan Kohn
What is FAT (File Allocation Table)? – Computer Hope
What is FILE ALLOCATION TABLE (FAT)? definition of …
Hard link External links:
In Unix, what is a hard link? – Indiana University
hardlink – NFS + Hard Links? – Stack Overflow
Desktop computer External links:
www.bhphotovideo.com › … › Desktop Computers › ASUS VivoMini VC66
PowerSpec G314 Desktop Computer 240978 – Micro Center
Media Control Interface External links:
The Computer Guy: Using the Media Control Interface
The Computer Guy: Using the Media Control Interface
Metro-style app External links:
XAML Image Quality (interpolation) in a Metro-Style App
Physical Address Extension External links:
NI Software Fails When Physical Address Extension …
Feedback Hub External links:
Get Feedback Hub – Microsoft Store
Feedback Hub – Download
Feedback Hub – Windows Insider
Extended Validation Certificate External links:
Extended Validation Certificate FAQ – DigiCert
Phone Companion External links:
Microsoft Phone Companion – Download
Windows 10’s Phone Companion app makes syncing your …
Face recognition External links:
Face Recognition (eVideo, 2013) [WorldCat.org]
Face Recognition | InTechOpen
Face Recognition Technology | InTechOpen
Volume licensing External links:
Welcome to Microsoft Next Generation Volume Licensing
Product Activation/Keys | Microsoft Volume Licensing
Small claims court External links:
[PDF]Small Claims Court Procedures – Judiciary of Virginia
Small Claims Court – Clerk of Courts – Miami-Dade County
Illinois Attorney General – Small Claims Court
Microsoft Personal Web Server External links:
The Mac Observer: Microsoft Personal Web Server Review
How to Install Microsoft Personal Web Server
Installing Microsoft Personal Web Server
Character Map External links:
Character maps – fsymbols
Get Character Map UWP – Microsoft Store
Instruction set External links:
RISC-V Foundation | Instruction Set Architecture (ISA)
Microsoft Software Assurance External links:
Microsoft Software Assurance Contact Information
Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers …
Download Microsoft Software Assurance Interactive …
Virtual DOS machine External links:
What is NT Virtual DOS Machine? Webopedia Definition
Virtual DOS machine – Revolvy
http://www.revolvy.com/topic/Virtual DOS machine&item_type=topic
Internet Information Services External links:
How to: Install Microsoft Internet Information Services
Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8
Driver software External links:
Touch Panel Driver Software – Fujitsu United States
Software licensing External links:
Software protection | Software licensing service | SORACO
Software Licensing Services
Software Licensing – Office of Information Technology, …
Multimedia Class Scheduler Service External links:
Start/Stop Multimedia Class Scheduler service in …
Multimedia Class Scheduler Service – AnVir
Transactional NTFS External links:
Transactional NTFS (TxF) .NET – Home
Microsoft Family Safety External links:
Microsoft Family Safety
Download and install Microsoft Family Safety on Windows 10
Microsoft Family Safety umgehen 2016 – YouTube
User experience design External links:
Seattle User Experience Design & Strategy | Fell Swoop
Fidelity User Experience Design
User Experience Design – Kent State Online
Microsoft Docs External links:
Paige Bailey – Cloud Developer Advocate | Microsoft Docs
Microsoft Cloud Developer Advocates | Microsoft Docs
Install Visual Studio 2017 | Microsoft Docs
Paint 3D External links:
Get Paint 3D – Microsoft Store
Software release life cycle External links:
7011FI-1.xRelease.pdf | Software Release Life Cycle | Bit
Software Release Life Cycle – YouTube
Download | Zip (File Format) | Software Release Life Cycle
Cloud computing External links:
Cloud Computing | Oracle
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
HP Inc. External links:
HPQ stock quote – HP Inc. Common Stock price – NASDAQ.com