What is involved in Security information management
Find out what the related areas are that Security information management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Security information management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Security information management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Security information management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Security information management related domains to cover and 39 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Security information management, Information Systems Audit and Control Association, Information security, Information security management, Information security management system, Logfile, Security Information and Event Management, Security event manager:
Security information management Critical Criteria:
Consult on Security information management projects and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Security information management is getting what it needs.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Security information management that make it risky?
– How do we go about Comparing Security information management approaches/solutions?
Information Systems Audit and Control Association Critical Criteria:
Adapt Information Systems Audit and Control Association issues and look for lots of ideas.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Security information management process?
– When a Security information management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How important is Security information management to the user organizations mission?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Grade Information security engagements and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Does mgmt communicate to the organization on the importance of meeting the information security objectives, conforming to the information security policy and the need for continual improvement?
– Are information security policies and other relevant security information disseminated to all system users (including vendors, contractors, and business partners)?
– Is a risk treatment plan formulated to identify the appropriate mgmt action, resources, responsibilities and priorities for managing information security risks?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (indication of completeness of policies, Ico )?
– Does this review include assessing opportunities for improvement, need for changes to the ISMS, review of information security policy & objectives?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Do suitable policies for the information security exist for all critical assets of the value added chain (degree of completeness)?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Does your company have a current information security policy that has been approved by executive management?
– Are we requesting exemption from or modification to established information security policies or standards?
– Does your organization have a chief information security officer (CISO or equivalent title)?
– What is true about the trusted computing base in information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– Is information security managed within the organization?
Information security management Critical Criteria:
Frame Information security management leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Information security management.
– In the case of a Security information management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Security information management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Security information management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
Information security management system Critical Criteria:
Confer re Information security management system projects and pioneer acquisition of Information security management system systems.
– What are our needs in relation to Security information management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Why is Security information management important for you now?
Logfile Critical Criteria:
Own Logfile visions and balance specific methods for improving Logfile results.
– How do we know that any Security information management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Security information management leaders?
– Are there recognized Security information management problems?
Security Information and Event Management Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Security Information and Event Management visions and forecast involvement of future Security Information and Event Management projects in development.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Security information management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we manage Security information management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are current Security information management Paradigms?
Security event manager Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Security event manager issues and cater for concise Security event manager education.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Security information management agendas for the next 3 years?
– How will you know that the Security information management project has been successful?
– How do we maintain Security information managements Integrity?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Security information management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Security information management External links:
SIMS Software – Security Information Management …
Information Systems Audit and Control Association External links:
[DOC]Information Systems Audit and Control Association
Information Systems Audit and Control Association …
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AUDIT AND CONTROL ASSOCIATION …
Information security External links:
[PDF]Department of the Navy Information Security Program
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Information security management External links:
Information Security Management – Home2
Information Security Management IF201.01 – cdse.edu
ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management …
Information security management system External links:
ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System – …
What is an Information Security Management System?
Logfile External links:
Error occurred while opening logfile C…
Security Information and Event Management External links:
A Guide to Security Information and Event Management
Security event manager External links:
LogLogic Security Event Manager | Tibco LogLogic – NDM
GE Digital Energy : CyberSentry SEM Security Event Manager