What is involved in statement of work
Find out what the related areas are that statement of work connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a statement of work thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its statement of work journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward statement of work leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which statement of work related domains to cover and 46 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
statement of work, Acceptance testing, Contract Data Requirements List, Data Item Descriptions, Deliverable, Master service agreement, Performance work statement, Request for Proposal, Statement of objectives, Work Breakdown Structure:
statement of work Critical Criteria:
Grade statement of work adoptions and track iterative statement of work results.
– What are the key elements of your statement of work performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations statement of work values?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting statement of work with what users do day-to-day?
– When do I use a statement of work?
– What is a statement of work?
Acceptance testing Critical Criteria:
Understand Acceptance testing results and overcome Acceptance testing skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Does statement of work include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Does statement of work analysis show the relationships among important statement of work factors?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its statement of work processes?
– What is your process for client reviews or acceptance testing?
Contract Data Requirements List Critical Criteria:
Track Contract Data Requirements List issues and maintain Contract Data Requirements List for success.
– what is the best design framework for statement of work organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing statement of work?
– What are the usability implications of statement of work actions?
Data Item Descriptions Critical Criteria:
Adapt Data Item Descriptions governance and find answers.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent statement of work services/products?
– Among the statement of work product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good statement of work project manager?
Deliverable Critical Criteria:
Consult on Deliverable governance and triple focus on important concepts of Deliverable relationship management.
– Who will do the classification (IAs, users, both etc.) Deliverables could be: approach for developing classification, controlled vocabularies, thesaurus, taxonomies, classification models including targeted audience descriptions; will there be any use of autocategorization or autosuggesting metadata?
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Roles and Responsibilities: Who are the individuals responsible for implementing specific tasks and providing deliverables related to risk management?
– For your statement of work project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to internal users/testers?
– What is the absolute minimum first deliverable to external beta users?
– Why is it important to reduce deliverables to a smallest component?
– Will statement of work deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Who will provide the final approval of statement of work deliverables?
– Do we have past statement of work Successes?
– What are our statement of work Processes?
– What project deliverables are required?
Master service agreement Critical Criteria:
Discourse Master service agreement governance and balance specific methods for improving Master service agreement results.
– How important is statement of work to the user organizations mission?
– How do we go about Comparing statement of work approaches/solutions?
– How do we maintain statement of works Integrity?
Performance work statement Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Performance work statement visions and devote time assessing Performance work statement and its risk.
– Does statement of work analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– Do we all define statement of work in the same way?
Request for Proposal Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Request for Proposal quality and perfect Request for Proposal conflict management.
– Does the statement of work task fit the clients priorities?
Statement of objectives Critical Criteria:
Meet over Statement of objectives decisions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Statement of objectives projects.
– How do we Identify specific statement of work investment and emerging trends?
– What are the business goals statement of work is aiming to achieve?
– Which statement of work goals are the most important?
Work Breakdown Structure Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Work Breakdown Structure adoptions and oversee Work Breakdown Structure requirements.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether statement of work goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does statement of work create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do the statement of work decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the statement of work Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
statement of work External links:
Free Statement of Work Templates Smartsheet
Acceptance testing External links:
[PDF]STANDARD FOR ACCEPTANCE TESTING …
The 5 Types of User Acceptance Testing! – Usersnap
[PDF]CIP 41 – Acceptance Testing of Concrete
Contract Data Requirements List External links:
Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) – AcqNotes
[PDF]CONTRACT DATA REQUIREMENTS LIST Form …
Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) – AcqNotes
Deliverable External links:
What Is a Deliverable in Project Management? | Chron.com
Deliverable Synonyms, Deliverable Antonyms | …
Non-Deliverable Forward (NDF) – Video | Investopedia
Master service agreement External links:
Master Service Agreement | SurveyMonkey
Performance work statement External links:
[DOC]PERFORMANCE WORK STATEMENT [TEMPLATE]
[PDF]PERFORMANCE WORK STATEMENT (PWS) …
Request for Proposal External links:
[PDF]Building an Effective Request for Proposal (RFP) …
[DOC]REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL NOTICE
http://wcaaa.org/grants/Title III RFP 2018finalXXX.doc
[PDF]A Guide to Writing a Request for Proposal – WERC
Statement of objectives External links:
Statement Of Objectives (SOO) – Guidance
[PDF]Statement of Objectives – GSA
IFMS HRIS Statement of Objectives | FAI.GOV
Work Breakdown Structure External links:
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
[PDF]Work Breakdown Structure – RHIC | Relativistic Heavy …
Free Work Breakdown Structure Templates – Smartsheet